Zlatan cleared of suspension after El Trafico incident
LA Galaxy captain, Ibrahimovic, received a warning after the incident that occurred during the LA derby with LAFC defender, Mohamed El Munir.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic saw his Player of the Week award and his Trafico hat-trick clouded for a while as the MLS Disciplinary Committee analyzed whether or not to open an investigation against the LA Galaxy captain for an incident with LAFC defender Mohamed El-Munir.
El Munir suffered a facial fracture for which he will undergo surgery this week after Zlatan's arm made firm contact with his face.
The MLS Disciplinary Committee decided Zlatan Ibrahimovic won't be suspended, as the incident was not unanimously voted by the Committee of deserving a red card, which would have resulted in a minimum of a two game ban, although he did receive a formal warning.
Zlatan who reached 16 goals in the race against Carlos Vela for top scorer, will be available to play against Portland Timbers on Saturday.
Ibra received a two-game ban earlier this season after an incident involving NYCFC goalkeeper Sean Johnson, as well as being fined for simulation/embellishment in the game against Columbus Crew.
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Ubisoft Forward conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch
- US News Which European countries accept vaccinated travelers from the US?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: how do I know if should have received the IRS letter?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in Euro 2021? Saturday 12 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- ROLAND GARROS How many times has Nadal lost a match at Roland Garros?
- US News Fact check: can covid-19 vaccines make you magnetic?