Zlatan Ibrahimovic makes MLS history with perfect Tráfico hat-trick
The Swedish striker enoyed an outstanding night in the Los Angeles derby at Dignity Health Sports Park and ended up making history.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic hasn't strayed too far away from the spotlight in the MLS since he arrived in the States a year ago And in the Los Angeles Clásico Ibra showed once again why he is top dog - after being involved in a series of comparisons with LAFC captain, Carlos Vela.
Zlatan scored a perfect hat-trick in El Tráfico paralyzing the MLS as LA Galaxy and LAFC played out the most intense fixture of the US league. However, this wasn't an ordinary hat-trick for Ibra - he became the fifth footballer to score a 'perfect' one in Major League Soccer.
Perfect hat-trick men
Brian Ching was the first player to score a perfect hat-trick (one scored with a right-foot shot, a left-foot shot and a header) for Houston Dynamo. Ching scored 169 goals in 56 appearances from 2006-2013.
Chelsea legend, Didier Drogba with Montreal Impact also scored a perfect treble in the MLS, and became the oldest player to achieve the feat in the American league. Josef Martinez and Patrick Mullins make up the list.
Zlatan third oldest
Zlatan is the third oldest player to score a perfect hat-trick behind Drogba and Frank Lampard.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mendy reveals his ‘difficulties’ he had at Real Madrid presentation
- Rumour Has It: Barca, Madrid targeting Klopp & Van Dijk
- PSG - REAL MADRID Gareth Bale to start for Real Madrid against PSG
- MLS Ibrahimovic: 'Scoring goals is easy, you just have to be like...'
- Champions League Bayern Munich: Alaba suffers thigh tear and will miss Red Star
- Serie A Inter Milan: Conte bemoans profligacy after 1-0 win