Carlos Vela continues to make MLS history
Los Angeles FC captain, 'Carlitos' Vela was on target yet again this weekend in the game against Atlanta United in his quest for the Most Valuable Player of the 2019 season.
The LAFC striker was handed the MLS All-Star captain's armband for the second consecutive year, showing the esteem the player is held by MLS fans.
The striker is also breaking MLS records continually and against Atlanta United on Friday, Vela scored his 36th goal with LAFC, to become the Mexican with the most goals in the US league beating the record previously held by Erick 'El Cubo' Torres.
It took El Cubo Torres 5 seasons in MLS to bag the same amount of goals that Vela has managed in just one and a half seasons.
There are still 14 games left in the current campaign for Carlos Vela, plenty of time for the striker to keep making history and consolidate himself as the top scorer of the season as he looks to overcome Josef Martinez's single-season scoring record and finally secure the 2019 MVP award.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS IRS phone number: how can I talk to a real person on the helpline?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS Houston close schools as Storm Beta approaches
- Hurricanes Tropical Storm Beta: why is the Greek alphabet used to name hurricanes?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Democrats and Republicans look to strike deal on payment
- Coronavirus How many coronavirus cases are there in Sweden without lockdown?