Lassi Lappalainen picks up Player of the Week after his MLS debut
The new Montreal Impact striker, Lappalainen proved his value during his debut against Philadelphia Union by netting two goals in the 4-0 victory.
The 20-year-old debuted in the 4-0 win over Philadelphia Union, in a game where the striker netted two goals, to be voted the MLS Player of the Week.
Lappalainen opened the scoreboard in his first domestic league match outside of Finland, and bt winning the POTW award he becomes the first player to win it in his MLS debut since Zlatan Ibrahimovic in 2018.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS Player of the Week is chosen by the media and a fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of the vote going to North American Soccer reporters and a Twitter fan vote representing the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG - REAL MADRID Official: PSG's Cavani and Mbappé to miss Real Madrid game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool are the team to beat in Europe, says Napoli coach Ancelotti
- BAYERN MUNICH Coutinho: "Bayern is more of a close-knit family than my previous clubs"
- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP Liverpool could face Mexico's Monterrey in Club World Cup semi-final
- REAL MADRID Ødegaard: "I felt it wouldn't be good for me to go back to Real Madrid"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Messi challenge is what Dortmund want – Reus