Lassi Lappalainen picks up Player of the Week after his MLS debut
The new Montreal Impact striker, Lappalainen proved his value during his debut against Philadelphia Union by netting two goals in the 4-0 victory.
The 20-year-old debuted in the 4-0 win over Philadelphia Union, in a game where the striker netted two goals, to be voted the MLS Player of the Week.
Lappalainen opened the scoreboard in his first domestic league match outside of Finland, and bt winning the POTW award he becomes the first player to win it in his MLS debut since Zlatan Ibrahimovic in 2018.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS Player of the Week is chosen by the media and a fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of the vote going to North American Soccer reporters and a Twitter fan vote representing the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- USA NEWS Derek Chauvin and Tou Thao: who are the two cops in the George Floyd case?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: can I visit my family if they live in a different state?
- USA news Who is George Floyd and why was he arrested by Minneapolis police?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: can President Trump veto HEROES Act?