Cristian Pavon, LA Galaxy's blockbuster signing
Los Angles Galaxy officially announced the signing of the Boca Juniors winger on loan for the remainder of the 2019 season after extensive negotiations with the Argentine club.
After weeks of speculation and back-and-forth negotiations, Los Angeles Galaxy have announced their blockbuster move on deadline day, securing Boca Juniors winger, Cristian Pavon, on loan for the remainder of 2019 MLS season.
Galaxy's GM, Dennis te Kloese highlighted Pavon's qualities, saying the Argentine could become one of the best players in the MLS: "Cristian is a dynamic and attacking player, with a talent to be one of the most effective offensive athletes in the league. He will be a valuable piece for our team in the future. We're excited to add Pavon to our team and look forward to seeing what he'll do at LA Galaxy."
According to The Athletic, Cristian Pavon arrives in LA on a free loan, allowing the 23-year-old winger's salary to be brought down with Targeted Allocation Money. Galaxy will have the option to buy Pavon for the 2020 season when multiple Designated Player positions open.
The winger has made 109 appearances with Boca Jrs since his debut, scoring 30 goals and adding 20 assists. Since making his Argentina debut in 2017, he has made 11 appearances for the national team, and played in all of their 2018 Russia World Cup fixtures.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID I made sure Neymar didn't join Real Madrid - ex-Santos chief
- SERIE A Mario Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on a free
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kevin De Bruyne: "I feel good and I'm still getting better"
- BARCELONA Víctor Valdés pulls Barcelona Under-19s out of Everton game for health concerns
- ENGLAND Ashley Cole retires from football: his career in numbers
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid steal a march on Barcelona in the race for Neymar