LAFC on route to rewriting MLS history
Bob Bradley's team is about to set new records in the US league, but first, they'll need to overcome a few obstacles on the way.
LAFC has practically won the Supporters' Shield with a 10 gap between them and Philadelphia Union; are on the run for the MVP with Vela; are also favorites for coach and defender of the year; besides being on its way to achieving a record points tally for an individual season.
- United States of America
New York Red Bulls hold the league points record with 71; a mark LAFC wants to surpass, but to do so the Exposition Park outfit needs to see their way through some tricky dates.
On Sunday, LAFC will host the record holders, NY Red Bulls, an opponent that is always difficult to play. Last season the New York side beat the Californian franchise 2-1.
At the end of August, El Tráfico's second edition will arrive this time at Bank of California Stadium, where Bob Bradley's side have a another chance to try to beat crosstown rivals, LA Galaxy.
Minnesota United who are going through a nice unbeaten streak, will also provide a possible obstacle for LAFC as they chase Major League Soccer history.
Te recomendamos en English
- DIEGO MARADONA Maradona's inheritance: the fortune includes houses and cars
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Barcelona go for five in a row, Ronaldo after another record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho optimistic over Kane return for Arsenal
- ARSENAL Arteta confident goals will come for Arsenal
- US NEWS US Elections: Georgia elections official tells Trump to stop inspiring violence
- US congress What has Congress said about the government shutdown deadline?