Zlatan Ibrahimovic nominated for Puskas Award
The LA Galaxy captain has been nominated for this year's Puskas award for his crazy taekwondo goal against Toronto FC last September.
FIFA has announced their 2018/19 Puskas award nominations, with LA Galaxy captain, Zlatan Ibrahimovic making the shortlist with his goal against Toronto FC.
Ibrahimovic is no stranger to scoring goals, and his legendary 500th goal has been nominated for the FIFA Puskas award, alongside players like Messi Matheus Cunha, Andros Townsend, USWNT Amy Rodriguez among others.
The LA Galaxy captain knows his ability to score fantastic goals as he has mentioned before; "I like goals that nobody can repeat. Only I can score a goal like this."
Zlatan's outstanding karate-kick volley against Toronto, last season, is a strong contender to win the award.
The Swedish Lion is currently third in the MLS scoring charts with 20 goals after netting two this weekend. He is following close behind Josef Martinez who has 21 and Carlos Vela, who leads the chart with 24.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- Olympic Games Why are the 2021 Olympic Games called Tokyo 2020?
- OLYMPIC GAMES When are the 100m Olympic finals taking place?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles confirms she will be back for Team USA at the Games
- NEW YORK CITY Which New York City public pools are open for summer 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?