Zlatan Ibrahimovic nominated for Puskas Award
The LA Galaxy captain has been nominated for this year's Puskas award for his crazy taekwondo goal against Toronto FC last September.
FIFA has announced their 2018/19 Puskas award nominations, with LA Galaxy captain, Zlatan Ibrahimovic making the shortlist with his goal against Toronto FC.
Ibrahimovic is no stranger to scoring goals, and his legendary 500th goal has been nominated for the FIFA Puskas award, alongside players like Messi Matheus Cunha, Andros Townsend, USWNT Amy Rodriguez among others.
The LA Galaxy captain knows his ability to score fantastic goals as he has mentioned before; "I like goals that nobody can repeat. Only I can score a goal like this."
Zlatan's outstanding karate-kick volley against Toronto, last season, is a strong contender to win the award.
The Swedish Lion is currently third in the MLS scoring charts with 20 goals after netting two this weekend. He is following close behind Josef Martinez who has 21 and Carlos Vela, who leads the chart with 24.
Te recomendamos en English
- EUROPA LEAGUE Getafe beat Trabzonspor on their return to European football
- BARCELONA Barcelona's great challenge is to "reduce salary spend by €18m"
- BARCELONA Valverde asked Barcelona to sign Neymar
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: just 6 clean sheets in all competitions in 2019
- REAL MADRID Rivaldo says Madrid "escaped a historic beating" against PSG
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid fans believe Zidane is to blame