MLS announced St. Louis as the new expansion team
St. Louis will make his debut in the 2022 season, becoming not only the 28th MLS team but is also the first majority female-led ownership group in the league.
The MLS expansion continues and this Tuesday, Commissioner, Don Garber announced the city of St. Louis was granted the new expansion team that will become the 28th league's club set to debut in 2022.
St. Louis will also launch its new stadium that'll be located in the Downton West District. Garber showed himself pleased and excited with the announcement and welcomed the latest franchise with open arms.
"It is with great pride that we welcome St. Louis to Major League Soccer, St. Louis is a city with a rich soccer tradition, and it is a market we have considered since the league's inception. Our league becomes stronger today with the addition of the city's deeply dedicated soccer fans, and the committed and innovative local ownership group led by Carolyn Kindle Betz, the Taylor family, and Jim Kavanaugh."
First female-owned MLS club
St. Louis is the first MLS team owned in majority by women in league's history. The group is lead by Enterprise Holding Foundation president Carolyn Kindle, six Taylor family female members. Besides Enterprise Holdings executive chairman Andy Taylor, and World Wide Technology CEO Jim Kavanaugh.
"Our ownership group has come a long way since we first announced our bid last October, and it's an incredible feeling to now be able to say St. Louis is home to the first official majority female-led ownership group in MLS."
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID James won't play for Real Madrid again and is looking for a new club
- Fred issues Man Utd Europa League warning
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Man City vs Real Madrid, Juventus vs Lyon
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane