Carlos Vela's Messi-like goal will go down in MLS history
Carlos Vela scored one of the greatest goals in MLS history against San Jose Earthquakes on Wednesday, bringing the MLS top scorer's tally to 26.
Reactions to Vela's goal have come thick and fast, with some even drawing comparisons to Barcelona star, Lionel Messi and Argentina legend, Diego Maradona.
In a truly Messi-like individual goal, the LAFC captain rounded four players before eventually slotting the ball in the net from one yard, bringing the MLS top scorer's tally to 26.
"I told him to be like Messi. If it was that easy, I'd tell them all to be like Messi, or I'd tell some to be like Xavi to spread it out a little bit," joked his coach, Bob Bradley, who went on to praise the Mexican striker's 'Messi-esque' goal.
Here's Vela's goal. The UniMas broadcasters are now talking about Maradona, so, yeah, it was a pretty good goal. https://t.co/O1wxuYGgAU— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) August 22, 2019
"We all want to see moments like that," he said. "You come to the game tonight, and you see that goal, that's something that stays with you. Carlos is capable of doing that kind of stuff."
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Iván Zamorano: “Raúl Jiménez is as good or even better than Karim Benzema”
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: US citizens buying more guns amid pandemic
- Coronavirus USA Coronavirus: how will stimulus checks work in the United States?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Bill Gates told Rafa Nadal Covid-19 pandemic would become "complicated"
- CORONAVIRUS | INDIA How to apply for Delhi curfew passes online?
- REAL MADRID Racing president: "Lautaro turned down Madrid when he was 18"