Rooney admits DC United are in a tough spot ahead of playoffs
With the MLS playoffs fast approaching, DC United are struggling to secure a spot - but Wayne Rooney believes they can still make it.
DC United's dominant spring phase is long gone as the Washington side has prolonged its summer slump by losing their once comfortable position among the Eastern Conference's elite, reaching a place where they should worry about not getting a playoff spot.
- United States of America
Wayne Rooney, who saw a straight red card during the game against NY Red Bulls, referred to their inability to create and finish scoring chances with regularity, leaving them in a tight spot in the last stretch of the season.
"For a lot of the games, we've struggled to score goals or create the chances we want. So that's something we need to try and improve rapidly going into this last run of games. It's been frustrating for us all; we're in a tough spot at the moment it's tight now for the playoffs, very tight."
A 👀 at where we stand after week 25 🧐 pic.twitter.com/QiIBebRKED— D.C. United (@dcunited) August 22, 2019
However, the DC United captain can see the light at the end of the tunnel in terms of reaching the MLS playoffs, despite the clock ticking above their heads.
"We need to refocus, obviously three tough away games coming up, and we need some points from those games. I think if the lads show what they showed today with ten men, we'll be OK."
Te recomendamos en English
- MANCHESTER CITY Raheem Sterling: "Sadly, racism has become normal again in football"
- Liga MX 10 conclusions left with the end of the seventh week of the Clausura 2020
- Premier League Manchester United would rather sign Diogo Jota than Raul Jimenez
- NAPOLI- BARCELONA Setién: "Barcelona do not talk much about Anfield or Rome"
- Vanessa Bryant submits wrongful death lawsuit against helicopter company
- Champions League Napoli “There is no space for Hirving Lozano here”