Inter Milan: "No one has invited Icardi to stay" fumes Marotta
Wanda Nara's comments on the future of her client and husband Mauro Icardi have been criticised by Inter Milan chief Giuseppe Marotta.
Inter Milan's chief executive Giuseppe Marotta says the club are annoyed by comments from Mauro Icardi's wife and agent Wanda Nara.
Icardi has been told he is free to leave Inter, having been stripped of the captaincy during last season, and he was left out of their squad to face Lecce on Monday. Nara has regularly made headlines for her outspoken views and she has indicated Icardi still feels his future lies at San Siro. "It's true – he has said no to every destination that is not Inter," she said on Mediaset show Tiki Taka. "Everyone has known his choice since the start of the summer and that is the case for any team that has shown interest. In my view, at the end of the day, he will remain at Inter."
Marotta responds to Wanda Nara
Ahead of Inter's Serie A opener against newly promoted Lecce, Marotta hit back at Nara. "For us it is a bit of annoyance, both for the timing and for the way [she spoke]," he told DAZN. "I absolutely deny that any Inter manager, and in particular [chairman] Steven Zhang, has invited Icardi to stay. We have dictated a precise strategy and communicated it at the right time. We will go on until the end and nobody from Inter can distort this common line."
Juventus, Monaco and Napoli have all been linked with the Argentina striker, who hit 17 goals in 37 appearances in all competitions last season.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?