Sergiño Dest out for revenge against Tim Weah in the Champions League
Both Americans faced each other at the UEFA Youth League during the 2017-18 season, on that occasion it was Timothy Weah who tasted victory over Dest and Ajax.
Thursday's Champions League group stage draw pitted a handful of US internationals (and their respective clubs) against each other on the road to Istanbul.
Christian Pulisic with Chelsea, Sergiño Dest with Ajax and Timothy Weah and Lille all landed in the same group, however, this won't be the first time two of them have faced each other in European competition.
Sergiño Dest and Tim Weah were on opposing sides in the 2017/18 UEFA Youth League, and it was Weah's PSG who came out on top - beating Ajax beating PSG in the play-offs. Weah and Dest both started with their respective sides, in a game played at Toekomst Sportpark in the Netherlands, both playing the entire 90 minutes. The match was decided in a penalty shoot-out, before both players had to step up to take their kicks.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: what did we learn from Sunday's games?
- MLS Inter Miami: Higuaín misses penalty in unhappy debut
- BUNDESLIGA Dortmund: More expected of Haaland than Lewandowski, says Kehl
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: how much Pelosi and Democrats would spend in new relief bill
- US NEWS How much did Trump pay in taxes in the last 15 years?
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: 15 October is last day to claim payment