UEFA limit ticket prices and extend registration deadline
The UEFA Emergency Panel met in Monaco and communicated their decision regarding pricing to aid 'the fans who are the lifeblood of the game'.
UEFA tickets capped
The organisations website stated:
'Ticket prices for away fans will be capped at a maximum of €70 in the UEFA Champions League and €45 in the UEFA Europa League, which represents the level of the lowest category ticket price of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League finals respectively.
This new regulation complements the existing rule which stipulates that the price of tickets for supporters of the visiting team must not exceed the price paid for tickets of a comparable category that are sold to supporters of the home team (excluding tickets available to season tickets holders, persons who are members of a supporters’ club or tickets sold as part of a promotional package).'
UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin commented on the pricing.
“Fans are the lifeblood of the game and those who follow their teams to away matches must have access to tickets at a reasonable price, bearing in mind the cost they have already had to incur for their trip.
“By capping ticket prices, we want to make sure that away fans can still travel to games and play their part in making the atmosphere inside football stadiums so special.”
Registration deadline extension
As well as the price limits, there was also a decision made to extend the player registration deadline for the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League group stages by 24 hours. Rather than 24:00 on Tuesday 2 September, it will now be 24:00 on Wednesday 3 September.
This is said to be due to the 'potential administrative registration issues' that could be caused by the preceeding weekend.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS How much unemployment benefits will I get in New York?
- Coronavirus Are vaccines for covid-19 safe in the long term?
- US NEWS How do I certify for weekly unemployment benefits in New York?
- US News How do I know if my unemployment claim was approved in New York?
- BOXING Mike Tyson weighs in on Logan Paul Floyd Mayweather fight
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $1,100 Golden State stimulus in California eligibility: who qualifies for it?