Winter Olympic medallist Blanca Fernández Ochoa found dead
Police confirmed that the body found in the sierra to the north of Madrid on Wednesday morning was the Spanish skier. Fernández Ochoa had been missing since 24 August.
Police sources have confirmd that the body found on the mountain of La Peñota, above the town of Cercedilla, in the sierra north of Madrid this morning is that of 56-year-old Blanca Fernández Ochoa, the former Spanish skier who has been missing since 24 August. The search operation was now in its fourth day.
According to the police the body showed signs a serious blow to the head, suggesting a fall.
After three days of scouring the mountainous region close to the Spanish capital, including the use of three drones and a helicopter, nothing but Fernández Ochoa's black Mercedes car had been found.
A search party formed by 100 members of the National Police, 100 members of the Guardia Civil and 25 firemen as well as 60 volunteers have been combing the area since Sunday. The body was found mid-morning on Wednesday, after the search resumed at 9:00 hours.
Te recomendamos en English
- India news Indian schools and colleges remain closed but children are expected to study at home
- US EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $400 employment benefit: how long will it last?
- Haaland says Dortmund boy wonder Moukoko is 'a lot better than I was'
- World Cup 2022 Work continuing non-stop at Lusail Stadium, host of the World Cup final 2022
- BUNDESLIGA Bayern hopeful on new Alaba deal; want fair price for Thiago
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid change plan and want Dani Ceballos to return