Winter Olympic medallist Blanca Fernández Ochoa found dead
Police confirmed that the body found in the sierra to the north of Madrid on Wednesday morning was the Spanish skier. Fernández Ochoa had been missing since 24 August.
Police sources have confirmd that the body found on the mountain of La Peñota, above the town of Cercedilla, in the sierra north of Madrid this morning is that of 56-year-old Blanca Fernández Ochoa, the former Spanish skier who has been missing since 24 August. The search operation was now in its fourth day.
According to the police the body showed signs a serious blow to the head, suggesting a fall.
After three days of scouring the mountainous region close to the Spanish capital, including the use of three drones and a helicopter, nothing but Fernández Ochoa's black Mercedes car had been found.
A search party formed by 100 members of the National Police, 100 members of the Guardia Civil and 25 firemen as well as 60 volunteers have been combing the area since Sunday. The body was found mid-morning on Wednesday, after the search resumed at 9:00 hours.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Kane: Probably toughest time since I've been at Tottenham
- Premier League Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Clásico decision pushed back to Barcelona and Real Madrid
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Atlético de Madrid tracking Porto's youth pearl Fabio Silva
- GALATASARAY-REAL MADRID Zidane: "The rumours bother me; I want to be here forever"