Winter Olympic medallist Blanca Fernández Ochoa found dead
Police confirmed that the body found in the sierra to the north of Madrid on Wednesday morning was the Spanish skier. Fernández Ochoa had been missing since 24 August.
Police sources have confirmd that the body found on the mountain of La Peñota, above the town of Cercedilla, in the sierra north of Madrid this morning is that of 56-year-old Blanca Fernández Ochoa, the former Spanish skier who has been missing since 24 August. The search operation was now in its fourth day.
According to the police the body showed signs a serious blow to the head, suggesting a fall.
After three days of scouring the mountainous region close to the Spanish capital, including the use of three drones and a helicopter, nothing but Fernández Ochoa's black Mercedes car had been found.
A search party formed by 100 members of the National Police, 100 members of the Guardia Civil and 25 firemen as well as 60 volunteers have been combing the area since Sunday. The body was found mid-morning on Wednesday, after the search resumed at 9:00 hours.
Te recomendamos en English
- VACCINE NEWS What is a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis? Blood clot symptons and causes
- Real Madrid Zidane says Real Madrid want Champions League and LaLiga
- Tax Day Will the 2021 tax deadline be extended again?
- MLB MLB round-up: Dream start to MLB career continues for Baddoo, Giolioto-Bieber will be one to watch for years
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK When are the remaining stimulus check and 'plus-up' payments arriving?
- American Rescue Plan When will child tax credit be sent?