Why Christian Pulisic cut short his stay at USA camp
Chelsea's young star ended his international duty with the USMNT early after Friday's loss against Mexico, to go back to London and join the Blues.
The United States men's national team endured a tough loss against Mexico in the Friday night friendly, a game that was a rematch of the Gold Cup final and a chance for revenge of some sorts for the American side. But it ended up with Mexico reassuring its supremacy.
Christian Pulisic, who is set to become the new leader of the US team, cut short his international duty to go back to his club, missing Tuesday's match against Uruguay.
The reason why the Chelsea winger is returning to Stamford Bridge early is so he can join the Blues and prepare fully for their crucial Premier League clash against Wolves, according to Yahoo Sports.
The 20-year-old winger has featured in all of Chelsea's five games, now seemingly a regular in Frank Lampard's system. But while great things are expected from Pulisic at the Blues, his 73-million-dollar performance is yet to be seen, with the club only winning one of their four league games, leaving them sitting 11th in the table.
Chelsea need a win to move up the table and cut the gap to the top four. It's a big week coming up as N'Golo Kante, Antonio Rudiger, and Pedro will all probably be available for the game on Saturday 14 September, and then three days later they will make their Champions League bow against Valencia.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Bayern Munich: Alaba suffers thigh tear and will miss Red Star
- Serie A Inter Milan: Conte bemoans profligacy after 1-0 win
- BARCELONA Paco Alcácer: "I was treated very badly by some people at Barcelona"
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid have the budget to sign a galáctico next summer
- RELAÑO Benzema, James, Hazard... and VAR
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: Zidane brushes off Bale's "scapegoat" claim