CD Tacón wore Real Madrid crest during Barcelona game
CD Tacon will be Real Madrid next season but it's not official despite the team wearing the club's crest on Saturday against Barcelona in Liga Iberdrola.
CD Tacon, who have been taken over by Real Madrid but won't officially bear the club's name until next year and not before it passes a vote at Real Madrid's general assembly, played Barcelona in the Liga Iberdrola opener on Saturday. They were thumped 9-1 and while they wore the Tacón jerseys, the numbers on their back bore the Real Madrid crest.
The jerseys, sponsored by Adidas, had the Tacón crest on them with the shorts bearing the same. They have been training at Valdebebas where they will also play their first games in the league.
It was a bittersweet debut in the women's top flight as they faced an awesome Barcelona side, who just last year made it to the Champions League final and improved their squad with the signing of Jenni Hermosa, formerly of Atlético Madrid and a mainstay in Spain's national side.
The takeover is not official yet with confusion reigning as to what it going on. It still has to be run by Real Madrid's assembly despite the fact that they train at Real Madrid's ground, have made a number of galactico signings and have very close links to the club. They did wear the crest on their jerseys on Saturday though.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'