The Messi, Suárez and Griezmann attacking trio will have to wait
The Barça forward's recovery from a calf injury picked up in pre-season is taking longer than expected, while Luis Suárez is set to return on Saturday.
It looks like Antoine Griezmann will have to wait a little longer to fulfil a dream and play alongside Leo Messi.
Messi and Suárez
Messi's recovery from a calf injury is taking longer than expected and, according to Sport, the Barcelona medical staff have ruled out La Pulga for Saturday's game against Valencia. The good news for Los Culés, however, is the expected return of Luis Suárez, who is set to feature in some capacity on Saturday.
Messi picked up a calf injury in his first training session of the season, on 5 August, and is yet to feature for Barcelona this campaign, missing games against Athletic, Betis and Osasuna. The Argentinian is expected to be out for at least six weeks and the target now is to return in time to face Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League on Tuesday 17 September.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series