U-17 World Cup could see Barcelona without Fati for El Clásico
The paper work to ensure the teenager plays for the Spanish national team is almost concluded by the RFEF with the player likely to miss El Clásico.
Ansu Fati is poised to secure Spanish nationality and be elegible to play for "La Roja". The RFEF (Spanish FA) have been working on the paperwork to ensure that the Guinea-Bissau born teenager will be eligible to represent the Spanish national side.
Once the paperwork is resolved, the FA are anxious that the Barcelona attacker features in the forthcoming FIFA U-17 World Cup which will be staged in Brazil from October 26 through to November 17. This news has not been well received at club level with the first weekend of the World Cup coinciding with the first domestic El Clásico of the current campaign as FC Barcelona entertain Real Madrid in match-day 10 of the season.
U-17 coach David Gordo has already stated his intention to call up the teenage sensation and Gordo is expected to announce a 50 man pre-list on September 25th ahead of confirming the 21 man expedition of the players who will fly to Brazil to participate in the tournament with the coach adding "Our plan is for Ansu to play in Brazil and I hope we can count on his services".
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Messi's numbers at Barcelona: appearances, goals, trophies...
- BARCELONA Messi leaves Barcelona, live updates: reactions, possible new club, details
- OLYMPIC GAMES | RACE WALKING Race walking at Tokyo Olympics 2021: rules, distances and courses
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics 2021: Doncic explains assist-heavy display in France defeat
- OLYMPIC GAMES Gardiner takes 400m crown as Crouser defends his title
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a marathon? How far is it in miles?