Sergio Ramos: from La Décima to el décimo
In Milan he received a new trophy that recognised him as one of the best defenders in the world. From the tenth Champions League for Madrid in 2014, to the tenth consecutive appearance in the chosen XI; La Décima to el décimo. No defender can boast such a professional haul. Sergio Ramos is always at the centre of the debate. Every summer I get messages from Madridistas saying that he is getting a bit older, that he no longer offers guarantees...Nonsense.
With Ramos we cannot commit the same error that we did with Cristiano. He is not what his 33 years would suggest. He looks after his body like a Swiss watch and his strap will last for another three seasons. That's why I was not surprised at all that, once again, from the 23,000 players who chose their best eleven, there was el capitán.
Ramos has taken his place in the planet's best team in 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and now 2019. Look at that; he has been chosen in nine consecutive years. That consistency defines and demonstrates the strength of a unique player, for his personality and for his indomitable character. Ramos was missing from the Champions League matches against CSKA (both home and away), Juventus, Ajax and PSG. The team collapsed and lost five times... Ramos is essential for Zidane's project. The hint of a China move was bad, but something that he rectified himself. I know that he wants to retire at the Bernabéu. Hopefully he will achieve that dream. This Wednesday he can count of my applause.
Te recomendamos en English
- INTER MILAN Ex-Man Utd captain Ashley Young provides lovely assist in Inter debut
- Football Olympic qualifiers moved from China to Sydney due to virus fears
- LaLiga Real Madrid go top after hard fought win in Valladolid
- VALLADOLID 0-1 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings vs Real Valladolid: LaLiga Santander
- Tragedy Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash
- Transfer market PSG join Aubameyang chase amid Barcelona links