Team news: Real Madrid almost at full strength for derby
Mendy and Asensio look set to be the only two players unavailable to the Zidane ahead of the difficult contest at the Wanda Metropolitano
Real Madrid trained on Friday morning for the just the second and last time this week having Saturday's crunch derby with Altético firmly and solely on the mind.
The injured Marco Asensio and Ferland Mendy did not attend the session, nor did Rodrygo, who trained with Castilla after having participated with the first team yesterday following his spectacular 93-second debut LaLiga goal on Wednesday against Osasuna.
Modric, Isco and Marcelo close to making squad
The returning Luka Modric, Isco and Marcelo trained as normal with their team mates. Modric and Isco continued to get up to speed following their recovery from respective injuries, and, if coach Zinedine Zidane sees it fit, will make the squad for the short trip to the Wanda Metropolitano. Marcelo was also seen training as normal in the 15 minutes of the session open to the media and could also be recalled by Zidane.
With those three likely to make the squad, it means that Mendy and Asensio will be the only two players unavailable to the French coach ahead of the difficult contest at the Wanda, where Diego Simeone’s side will be vying for more blood following their 7-3 destruction of their bitter city rivals in New Jersey in the summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- No group stages, EFL Cup or Nations League? Suggestions for a post-coronavirus football 'reform'
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Di María discusses the impact on his life and family
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...
- CORONAVIRUS | TRANSFERS Coronavirus: Lavish spending and huge wages to be a thing of the past
- Coronavirus Social unrest spreads in Italy as coronavirus lockdown nears fourth week