Team news: Real Madrid almost at full strength for derby
Mendy and Asensio look set to be the only two players unavailable to the Zidane ahead of the difficult contest at the Wanda Metropolitano
Real Madrid trained on Friday morning for the just the second and last time this week having Saturday's crunch derby with Altético firmly and solely on the mind.
The injured Marco Asensio and Ferland Mendy did not attend the session, nor did Rodrygo, who trained with Castilla after having participated with the first team yesterday following his spectacular 93-second debut LaLiga goal on Wednesday against Osasuna.
Modric, Isco and Marcelo close to making squad
The returning Luka Modric, Isco and Marcelo trained as normal with their team mates. Modric and Isco continued to get up to speed following their recovery from respective injuries, and, if coach Zinedine Zidane sees it fit, will make the squad for the short trip to the Wanda Metropolitano. Marcelo was also seen training as normal in the 15 minutes of the session open to the media and could also be recalled by Zidane.
With those three likely to make the squad, it means that Mendy and Asensio will be the only two players unavailable to the French coach ahead of the difficult contest at the Wanda, where Diego Simeone’s side will be vying for more blood following their 7-3 destruction of their bitter city rivals in New Jersey in the summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Can you drink alcohol after taking a covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPICS 100 days until Tokyo games: Spitz urges Olympics to allow 'rightful opportunity to speak out'
- OLYMPICS Dibaba: Olympics would be "more comfortable" if athletes were vaccinated before Tokyo
- MLB MLB round-up: Dream start to MLB career continues for Baddoo, Giolioto-Bieber will be one to watch for years
- US POLICING Former Minnesota police officer to be charged with manslaughter for the killing of Daunte Wright
- VACCINE NEWS What is a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis? Blood clot symptons and causes