Team news: Real Madrid almost at full strength for derby
Mendy and Asensio look set to be the only two players unavailable to the Zidane ahead of the difficult contest at the Wanda Metropolitano
Real Madrid trained on Friday morning for the just the second and last time this week having Saturday's crunch derby with Altético firmly and solely on the mind.
The injured Marco Asensio and Ferland Mendy did not attend the session, nor did Rodrygo, who trained with Castilla after having participated with the first team yesterday following his spectacular 93-second debut LaLiga goal on Wednesday against Osasuna.
Modric, Isco and Marcelo close to making squad
The returning Luka Modric, Isco and Marcelo trained as normal with their team mates. Modric and Isco continued to get up to speed following their recovery from respective injuries, and, if coach Zinedine Zidane sees it fit, will make the squad for the short trip to the Wanda Metropolitano. Marcelo was also seen training as normal in the 15 minutes of the session open to the media and could also be recalled by Zidane.
With those three likely to make the squad, it means that Mendy and Asensio will be the only two players unavailable to the French coach ahead of the difficult contest at the Wanda, where Diego Simeone’s side will be vying for more blood following their 7-3 destruction of their bitter city rivals in New Jersey in the summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- Tottenham form is not 'Spursy' but defending must improve - Mourinho
- JUVENTUS Cristiano shows off new close-crop haircut during Covid-19 quarantine
- 2020 MLB WORLD SERIES LA Dodgers - Tampa Bay Rays: odds in the series of the MLB World Series 2020
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer confirms Bailly injury blow for Manchester United
- BUNDESLIGA Manchester City: Angeliño is benefitting from Guardiola education, says Nagelsmann
- FOOTBALL Figo: "A European Premier League would destroy football"