Carlos Vela picks up his fifth Player of the Week award
In a historic week for the LAFC captain, he becomes the MLS POTW achieving his fifth award of the season, first to get five since Thiery Henry in 2012.
Carlos Vela closes its historic week by being granted its fifth Player of the Week award of the season, becoming the first player to get five MLS POTW in a season since Thierry Henry in 2012.
On Sunday against Minnesota United, Carlos Vela tied the MLS single-season scoring record (31) which belonged to Atlanta United striker, Josef Martinez, staying one goal away from setting a new mark with one game to play in the 2019 campaign.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS Player of the Week is chosen by the media and a fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of the vote going to North American Soccer reporters and a Twitter fan vote representing the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- ROYAL FAMILY Prince Philip Funeral: what happened at the Duke of Edinburgh's Windsor ceremony?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: when are they being sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check for veterans: how to track and claim a missing payment
- MLS Carlos Vela gets mad at Bob Bradley for taking him off too early