Netherlands want an answer from Sergiño Dest this week
The 18-year-old Ajax player met with Ronald Koeman to discuss a possible change of allegiances to play for the Dutch national team instead of the USA.
Time is running out for Sergiño Dest as he has to decide to whom he will plead his allegiance, the US or the Dutch national team.
- United States of America
According to De Telegraaf, Dest has been given an ultimatum by Ronald Koeman who wants an answer from the 18-year-old Ajax player regarding the possibility of an international career with the Clockwork Orange.
With Gregg Berhalter revealing the names of those squad members for the next FIFA date, where the USMNT will debut in the CONCACAF Nations League, the Royal Dutch Football Association wants an answer from the young defender. This is because, once Dest has played an official international match with the USA, there will no longer be an option to switch.
Sergiño Dest's decision is still uncertain but he may decline Berhalter' call so as not to be tied in.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Florida coronavirus lockdown: how long is it & what are the restrictions?
- FOOTBALL Ibrahimovic unsure about future - I don't even know what I want
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: US unemployment rate, jobless claims by state
- Coronavirus Famous athletes, artists and celebrities with coronavirus: Boris Johnson, Kevin Durant, Dybala...
- PSG PSG: Boca Juniors president rules out Cavani move
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid concern for Achraf as Europe's top clubs circle