Barça overtake Real Madrid's unbeaten home record in Europe
Los Blancos managed 32 home games unbeaten from 1975 and 1990, a record now outdone by Barcelona after Wednesday's Camp Nou win against Inter.
You have to go back six years to find the last time Barcelona lost at the Camp Nou in Europe, losing on that occasion to Bayern in a heavy 0-3 defeat in the second leg of the semi-finals in 2012. Since then, Los Culés have gone on an unbeaten run that now stretches to 33 games - with 30 wins and three draws - making the Camp Nou one of the most formidable grounds in Europe's elite competition.
During this run, Barça have scored 101 goals and only conceded 16, yet these impressive figures must be taken with a small pinch of salt given that they have only yielded one Champions League success, in the 2014/15 season when they beat Juventus 3-1 in the final.
Bayern Munich's unbeaten home record
Since the inception of the Champions League, no other club has managed as many home games without defeat, although if we go back to the old European Cup format then Bayern Munich hold the record with an almighty 43 games unbeaten from 1969 to 1991. That said, Barcelona have overtaken the record of arch rivals Real Madrid, who were previously the club behind Bayern with 32 unbeaten matches at the Bernabéu over a 15-year period, from 1975 to 1990.
To add insult to inujury, Real Madrid are currently having a torrid time in Europe and have gone almost a year without recording a win at the Bernabéu - their last victory was on 23 October 2018 when they beat Viktoria Plzen; since then they have lost twice and drawn twice, with the latest slip coming on Tuesday against Brugge.
Te recomendamos en English
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Khabib reveals Ronaldo's biggest fear for Cristiano Jr.
- NEW MOVIE RELEASES Space Jam 2: release date, trailer, images, cast, plot
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return: can I get interest if my refund comes late?
- Coronavirus Blood type might affect covid-19 infection: how and what types?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: how many people will lose out under new income limit?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS What is a Head of Household and how does it affect the size of stimulus checks?