Messi presented with sixth European Golden Shoe award
The Argentina and FC Barcelona player's children Thiago and Mateo presented their father with the award in the Catalan capital.
Leo Messi was presented with his sixth European Golden Shoe award by his two sons Thiago and Mateo at a gala event at the Fábrica de Damm in central Barcelona.
With the news relating to a possible change of venue for next week's El Clásico breaking, Messi appeared relaxed as he answered a series of questions and managed to plug his Cirque du Soleil show ahead of the presentation ceremony.
The Argentine stated: "As is always the case with individual awards, winning this is thanks to my team-mates". The Catalan club were represented by president, Josep Maria Bartomeu; CEO, Óscar Grau and directors Javier Bordas and Xavier Vilajoana along with Eric Abidal and Ramon Planes. Uruguay striker and close friend of Messi's, Luas Suarez was also on hand to see his colleague presented with his sixth Golden Shoe.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check Update: what's the situation in every state?
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- US NEWS Camera crew walk-off in the hours before Alec Baldwin fatally shot Halyna Hutchins
- US NEWS What states saw the highest number of workers quit this summer?