Joao Félix out with sprained ankle
The injury is less severe than had been expected. Simeone had said the injury could be "very serious" after the Atlético - Valencia 1-1 draw.
Atlético Madrid player Joao Felix will be out for at least two weeks after spraining his ankle in the match against Valencia on Saturday afternoon. The Portuguese forward underwent medical tests after the game, with a diagnosis of a Grade II sprain to his right ankle. Coach Diego Simeone had been worried the injury would be more severe.
Félix to miss several games for Atlético
Félix will now miss the games against Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League and Athletic, Alavés and Sevilla in LaLiga. The club's intention is to have him back fit for the start of November for the games against Leverkusen away, and Espanyol at the Wanda Metropolitano.
The Portuguese forward, the most expensive player in Atlético Madrid's history, was forced off with the injury in the 78th minute, leaving Atleti to finish the game with 10 men having used all their substitutions. The player underwent an MRI to check for torn ligaments, with the scan coming back clear.
Simeone will likely turn to Lemar, Vitolo and Correa to take Félix's place while he recovers.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Has Aaron Rodgers won a Super Bowl?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Can I qualify for Biden's American Rescue Plan if I have already received the stimulus check?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Man United: How and where to watch - times, tv, online
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...