Lucas undergoes surgery to repair torn ankle ligament
The Bayern Munich defender underwent an operation to reconstruct a partially-torn internal ligament in his right ankle. The club haven't said how long he'll be out.
Bayern Munich defender Lucas Hernández underwent surgery at BG Hospital in Murnau this afternoon to repair damage to his right ankle. The France international suffered a partial tear to the internal ligament in his right ankle during Tuesday's Champions League meeting with Olympiacos.
Lucas Hernández is the second Bayern defender to suffer a serious injury during the past month - his injury comes just after Niklas Süle ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in the league meeting with Ausburg. The club has not announced how long they expect former Atlético de Madrid player Lucas to be out for.
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes
- Tax Refund How many Americans will receive the $1600 Tax refund payment?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Women´s 100m final, USA Basketball, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Henry Martín could miss Mexico’s game against South Korea
- OLYMPIC GAMES What's the top speed of a 100m sprinter?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS What are Usain Bolt's records on the Olympic track? 100m, 200m...