Nadal withdraws from Paris Masters semi-final
Denis Shapovalov was handed a spot in the Paris Masters final after the Spaniard withdrew from the tournament with an unspecified injury.
Denis Shapovalov was handed a spot in the Paris Masters final after Rafael Nadal withdrew with an unspecified injury.
Nadal, who will return to world number one on Monday, had been set to face the Canadian in the semi-final on Saturday.
Djokovic looking for fifth Paris title
But the ATP Tour confirmed the Spaniard had pulled out with an unspecified injury sustained during the warm-up.
It means Shapovalov will contest his first Masters final, while Djokovic will go in search of a fifth Paris title on Sunday.
Nadal would have secured top spot in the year-end rankings by winning the tournament and again misses out on the opportunity to add the only Masters title to elude him to his tally, the Spaniard having reached the final only once, in 2007, when he lost to David Nalbandian.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus live updates: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...7 April
- LALIGA Coronavirus: Tebas update on plans to bring LaLiga back
- Spanish football LaLiga plans for closed doors and hectic summer schedule
- Covid-19 Coronavirus peaks in USA, UK and India, when are they expected?
- Coronavirus UK Coronavirus: Boris Johnson's letter to UK households arrives
- Coronavirus Which countries have yet to confirm coronavirus cases?