Nadal withdraws from Paris Masters semi-final
Denis Shapovalov was handed a spot in the Paris Masters final after the Spaniard withdrew from the tournament with an unspecified injury.
Denis Shapovalov was handed a spot in the Paris Masters final after Rafael Nadal withdrew with an unspecified injury.
Nadal, who will return to world number one on Monday, had been set to face the Canadian in the semi-final on Saturday.
Djokovic looking for fifth Paris title
But the ATP Tour confirmed the Spaniard had pulled out with an unspecified injury sustained during the warm-up.
It means Shapovalov will contest his first Masters final, while Djokovic will go in search of a fifth Paris title on Sunday.
Nadal would have secured top spot in the year-end rankings by winning the tournament and again misses out on the opportunity to add the only Masters title to elude him to his tally, the Spaniard having reached the final only once, in 2007, when he lost to David Nalbandian.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS LA Galaxy fire struggling former Boca coach Schelotto
- Diego Maradona Maradona at 60: The star of Mexico 1986 – and the World Cup handball king
- REAL MADRID The 9 is a problem
- Europa League Benfica boss Jesus rejects Barça comparison: Koeman's team has nothing
- DISNEY+ Star Wars The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- 2020 US ELECTIONS US elections: What's Trump's plan to deal with Coronavirus?