Nadal withdraws from Paris Masters semi-final
Denis Shapovalov was handed a spot in the Paris Masters final after the Spaniard withdrew from the tournament with an unspecified injury.
Denis Shapovalov was handed a spot in the Paris Masters final after Rafael Nadal withdrew with an unspecified injury.
Nadal, who will return to world number one on Monday, had been set to face the Canadian in the semi-final on Saturday.
Djokovic looking for fifth Paris title
But the ATP Tour confirmed the Spaniard had pulled out with an unspecified injury sustained during the warm-up.
It means Shapovalov will contest his first Masters final, while Djokovic will go in search of a fifth Paris title on Sunday.
Nadal would have secured top spot in the year-end rankings by winning the tournament and again misses out on the opportunity to add the only Masters title to elude him to his tally, the Spaniard having reached the final only once, in 2007, when he lost to David Nalbandian.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX SEASON When does the IRS start accepting tax returns from filers in 2021? dates and deadlines
- US POLITICS What did Biden and Putin discuss in first presidential call?
- NETFLIX What movies and series are coming and leaving Netflix in February 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Does Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine work against South Africa strain?
- US NEWS When was the first stimulus check sent out and how much was it?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Timo Werner and other tasks on Chelsea boss Tuchel's to-do list