Barça Femení striker's Slavia advice: "keep the bloody ball!"
Nigerian international Asisat Oshoala lent her thougts to Barça's laboured Champions League draw but swiftly deleted her message.
FC Barcelona Femení striker Asisat Oshoala, the 2015 BBC Women’s Footballer of the Year and scorer of the side’s goal in the 4-1 Champions League final defeat to Lyon last season – the first time a Spanish team had reached the final – was a frustrated spectator as her club’s male counterparts laboured to a 0-0 draw against Slavia Prague on Wednesday.
A member of the Super Falcons 2014, 2016 and 2018 African Women’s Championship, a Golden Ball and Golden Ball winner at the tournament, with an FA Cup, a Chinese Super League and Nigerian Championship among her laurels, Oshoala knows a bit about winning football matches. And her advice to Leo Messi and company against the Czech side was simply: “Keep the bloody ball!”
Barça Femení showing the boys how it's done
According to Catalan media Mundo Deportivo, the striker swiftly deleted her tweet in case of a backlash ensued but speaks from a position of authority. Barça Femení have been imperious in the Liga Iberdrola this season, winning seven and drawing one of their eight games with Oshoala scoring seven of the side’s 33 goals, with just three conceded at the other end. Barça are also in the quarter-finals of the Women’s Champions League, while Ernesto Valverde’s side are playing catch-up after the Slavia stalemate.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'