Police forced to break up mass brawl pre-El Clásico
The Mossos D'Esquadra were forced to intervene as fighting broke out close to Camp Nou between pro-independence activists and right wing Boixos Nois ultras.
Ahead of the Camp Nou El Clásico, fighting broke out between approximately 30 members of the right wing Boixos Nois ultras group and pro Catalan independence supporters in Travessera de Gràcia de Barcelona close to Barcelona's stadium at approximately 19:45 local time
🔴🔴⚽️ #ÚLTIMAHORA Sigue la tensión entre manifestantes independentistas y Boixos Nois en las inmediaciones del Camp Nou. Mossos d'Esquadra cargan para separar a ambos grupos. #ElClasico— La Vanguardia (@LaVanguardia) December 18, 2019
📹 @maykanavarro pic.twitter.com/q4IG773ykR
Local Barcelona police (Los Mossos d'Esquadra) launched a baton charge to separate both groups and proceeded to form a cordon to stem the fighting between rival fractions.
Chants of "fascists, get out of our neighbourhood" were heard as cans of beer were thrown by both sides.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future