Isco always returns with Zidane in charge
Ask any teacher and they will tell you, perhaps not openly, that they like their students in different ways. Ask any managing director of a company or an orchestra conductor and they will tell you the same thing about their employees and musicians, respectively. Obviously, the same thing happens with a football coach and their players; that very human reaction, even though saying it out loud might not be such a good idea. During Friday's press conference with Zinedine Zidane, ahead of Madrid's game against Getafe on Saturday, Zidane revealed: "I identify with Isco because of his position, and he's a player I like".
Referring to the position Isco plays is something logical and easy to understand, but there is something telling that explains why the French coach has never given up on the Spaniard's development and success in the game. When Zizou took over at Real Madrid four years ago to the day, he spent the first few days meeting with the squad face-to-face, and told Isco how much he admired him as a player and made it clear he thought he could become one of the best footballers on the planet. Isco has not always lived up to such expectations, but nor has Zidane ever lost his faith in the playmaker's talent. Hence the reason he's still there.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid open to offers for Raphaël Varane
- Inter Milan Lautaro: "Barcelona is in the past, I’m staying at Inter"
- GOLF Tiger Woods "in good spirits" in hospital after follow-up procedures
- NBA LeBron James hits back at 'hypocrite' Ibrahimovic: "I'll never shut up about things that are wrong"
- NBA LeBron helps Lakers snap losing streak, Butler stars for Heat
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, $1.9 trillion bill passed | Live