Cucurella: "I told Militão to shut his f***ing gob, I didn't insult him"
The Getafe player squared up to the Real Madrid defender during a heated moment in today's game. Afterwards, Cucurella wanted to clear up what was said...
This afternoon's meeting between Getafe and Real Madrid produced a heated exchange of words between Marc Cucurella and Éder Militão. Shortly after the game, Cucurella took to social media to clear up what was said and make it known that he didn't insult the Brazilian.
"I'd like to make it clear that at no point did I insult or belittle Militão. All I said was, "Shut your f***king mouth". I would like to apologise if I have offended anyone for that. This is the only thing I would like to say on the matter. Thank you".
Me gustaría aclarar que en ningún momento he insultado ni descalificado a Militao. Mis palabras han sido "Cierra el p... pico".— Marc Cucurella (@cucurella3) January 4, 2020
Pido perdón si alguien se ha sentido ofendido por ello. Estas son las únicas declaraciones que he hecho y que voy a hacer al respecto.
The Getafe player had to publicly come out to deny claims that he had insulted Militão. Some observers interpreted Cucurella's words as: "Shut your mouth, shut your mouth... f***ing monkey". The word mico in Catalan means 'monkey'.
The spat, which happened in the 51st minute, was clear to see on television. Cucurella kicked the ball towards goal but it struck Militão's hand, which prompted the Getafe player to appeal for handball to ref Munuera Montero. The appeal fell on deaf ears and an argument ensued...
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2