America-Monterrey was the most-watched game in the United States at the end of 2019
The two-legged final that decided the winner of the Mexican soccer championship was the most-watched game in the United States from December 16 to 26.
The last two weeks of 2019 were packed with major sporting events. Among the top games were Barcelona against Real Madrid, Liverpool against Wolves and Spurs against Chelsea, but the most-watched game for the soccer lovers in the United States was the final game of La Liga MX for the Apertura 2019 between America and Monterrey.
The game that had the most audience was the second leg of the final in which Monterrey lifted the trophy after beating America - the game attracting more than 3 million viewers. The second most-watched game was the first leg between both teams which had a little more than 1.3 million viewers. The rest of the games in the Top 20 didn’t reach a million views.
It suggests sports fanatics in the United States like to watch the Mexican soccer championship over other big games like ‘El Clásico’ between Real Madrid and Barcelona.
List of the Top 10 most-watched games
From 3rd to 10th place the most-watched games are from the Premier League, Manchester City against Leicester was the most popular with 821,000 views. The next game with a larger audience was Norwich against Tottenham with 799,000 views. Other games like Manchester United against Burnley and Liverpool against Wolves also made the Top 10.
The Premier League dominates the Top 20 list but in the 16th place we can see that the final of the FIFA Club World Cup between Liverpool and Flamengo had 285,000 views. It is surprising however that the clash between Barcelona and Real Madrid didn't make the Top 20 in the United States audience ranking.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: why hasn't a relief package been agreed?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Champions League: Atlético out as Simeone shoots himself in foot
- QATAR 2022 Qatar 2022: Generation Amazing targets 1m beneficiaries by World Cup
- Champions League Which of the 2019-20 favourites boast the most former winners?
- Transfer market Van de Beek happy at Ajax amid Real Madrid, Man Utd links
- MLS FC Dallas condemn death threats and racist comments sent to Reggie Cannon