Barcelona team bus gets lost en route to Spanish Super Cup
Ernesto Valverde and Sergio Busquets were expected to appear in front of the press at 15:45, but their coach driver didn't make it to the Itthitad on time.
The Barcelona squad for the Spanish Super Cup was scheduled to arrive at the Itthitad Stadium at 17:45 local time (15:45 CET), with manager Ernesto Valverde and Sergio Busquets scheduled to speak to the media before a training session. Those plans, however, were disrupted after the bus carrying them didn't make it in time.
Barcelona's positional problems
Half an hour after the expected time of arrival, the Barça bus had not yet reached the training facilities. The driver had headed off on the journey looking for the King Abdullah Sports Stadium instead of the Ittihad (which lies 40 minutes away) and got lost in the city's traffic, surrounded by traffic jams and horns blasting from every angle. If they had arrived on time, their training was scheduled for 18:30 (16:30 CET). This delay means that we are only likely to hear from Valverde today. The manager will join the gathered press outlets - confirmed by the club - after the session on the Itthitad pitch, which should last around an hour. This is also where Valencia and Real Madrid worked out on Tuesday ahead of their clash.
Initially the Catalans club, just like their semi-final opponents, Atlético Madrid, were going to train at the Al Ahli complex, however, the state of the pitch was deemed not good enough to handle two sessions so close together. That's why the Itthitad was chosen, but getting there has proven a little harder for some.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- USA News US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies aged 87
- AMAZON PRIME VIDEO The Boys Season 2: how many episodes, dates of release and when is the last one?
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?