Chicharito and LA Galaxy officially reach agreement
The Mexican striker will play with LA Galaxy this season, becoming the highest paid player in the MLS.
Sports Illustrated first broke the news this morning after days of negotiations between Galaxy, Sevilla and Chicharito's representatives.
Hernandez will now come in to replace Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who left LA after two seasons in the MLS.
Now that it is official, Chicharito will be one of the biggest signings in the history of Major League Soccer, alongside Ibrahimovic, David Beckham and David Villa.
Sevilla accepts Galaxy's terms
The negotiations to sign Chicharito started last week when an entourage from Galaxy flew to Seville to convince the striker and pay his fee to his now former club. This Friday, Sevilla confirmed that they had accepted the MLS team’s offer and for that reason Hernandez was left out of the squad for the trip to Real Madrid this weekend.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What is Walmart's buy now, pay later program? Why is the layaway program discarded?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano eruption today: evacuation, possible tsunami and live updates
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- NFL | JAGUARS Jags QB Lawrence vows not to 'play timid' after throwing seven interceptions
- NFL | BUCS Brady demands Bucs learn from Rams defeat
- Rodgers convinced last-gasp turnaround gives Packers 'legitimacy' as Super Bowl contenders