Aubameyang gives 'ok' to Barcelona
Arsenal's star striker has reportedly given his ok to Barcelona, who are on the hunt for a replacement for long-term injured centre forward, Luis Suarez.
Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has given Barcelona the green light to make the move to sign him, according to Catalan press.
Mundo Deportivo reports that while it will not be easy for Barcelona to convince the Gunners to let go off their star striker, Aubameyang himself is open to a move to Camp Nou.
Suarez injury prompts Barcelona’s search for number ‘9’
With Luis Suarez out for virtually the rest of the season following knee surgery earlier this month, Barcelona is scouring the January transfer market for a replacement centre forward. Suarez has participated in 25 goals (14 goals and 11 assists) this season, just one less than Messi, and his contribution will be sorely missed at Camp Nou as El Blaugrana enter the business end of the season and a likely drawn-out battle with Real Madrid for the LaLiga title.
As reported by AS on Monday, Barcelona’s new coach Quique Setién and sporting director Eric Abidal sat down after the club’s sombre 1-0 home win against Granada at the weekend to discuss the number ‘9’ situation. And in this meeting, it was likely the name of Aubameyang came up.
The 30-year-old forward, whose current deal with Arsenal expires in June, 2021, has scored 16 goals in 26 appearances so far this season and has a current value of 70 million euros (transfermarkt.com valuation).
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card