Casillas set to run for Spanish FA presidency according to La SER
Late night radio show 'El Larguero' maintain that the former Spain international is set to challenge current president Luis Rubiales when elections are next held.
Iker Casillas has made the decision to run as president of the Spanish FA (RFEF) in the next electoral procedure which is set to be staged next autumn maintain Spanish radio network Cadena SER. Current incumbent of the role, Luis Rubiales recently mentioned that the elections may even be brought forward and held ahead of Euro 2020 (which starts on June 12th).
Cadena SER claim that Casillas has already informed the government body Consejo Superior de Deportes (CSD) and new minister for sport Irene Lozano. The CSD are required to give approval for Rubiales to bring the elections forward after the Tribunal Administrativo del Deporte (TAD) body already rejected the FA's move and now the decisions of when the election is staged lies with the Sports Minister Lozano.
El Larguero say Iker Casillas WILL stand against Luis Rubiales for president of the RFEF https://t.co/QsD6bP9MEi— The Spanish Football Podcast (@tsf_podcast) February 11, 2020
The current FC Porto keeper has already sounded out the likes of Carles Puyol and Andres Iniesta to secure feedback from former Spanish team-mates on the idea with the Móstoles born player's key objective to restore a semblance of harmony to the governing bodies of Spanish football.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up