Chicharito confirms he is ready to be LA Galaxy’s main leader
The Mexican striker said that throughout his career he has been a leader on the field but he has done it in his own way because everyone is different.
Since it was confirmed that Javier “Chicharito” Hernández will be joining Los Angeles Galaxy, there have been different opinions, some positive and some negative, regarding him continuing his career in Major League Soccer.
Chicharito is Galaxy’s biggest signing of this season and the team, as well as the head coach, expects a lot from him this year. Hernández is well aware of the situation and he is ready to become the leader on the pitch for the team that has the most titles in the history of the league.
After receiving his work visa on Wednesday, Hernández held his first official practice with the rest of the squad on Thursday and talked to the media after about the upcoming season and how he is assuming the role as leader for the LA Galaxy.
“Since I started playing with Chivas when I was 18-years-old and now that I am 31 and playing for LA Galaxy I have always been a leader in my own way. I try to help some players and they help me as well,” he said after practice.
LA Galaxy will play their first official pre-season game on Sunday when they host Toronto, and Guillermo Barros Schelotto confirmed that Chicharito will feature for a couple of minutes so that he can get used to the league and his teammates.
The season for Galaxy will officially start on 29 February when they visit Houston at the BBVA Compass Stadium.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefits boost: why could it be delayed?
- coronavirus Over 27,000 health workers infected with Covid-19 in South Africa
- Champions League Barcelona vs Bayern Munich Preview
- USMNT Adams becomes first US men's player to score in Champions League quarter final or later
- Champions League Bayern Munich are playing Barcelona, not just Messi - Flick