Chicharito confirms he is ready to be LA Galaxy’s main leader
The Mexican striker said that throughout his career he has been a leader on the field but he has done it in his own way because everyone is different.
Since it was confirmed that Javier “Chicharito” Hernández will be joining Los Angeles Galaxy, there have been different opinions, some positive and some negative, regarding him continuing his career in Major League Soccer.
Chicharito is Galaxy’s biggest signing of this season and the team, as well as the head coach, expects a lot from him this year. Hernández is well aware of the situation and he is ready to become the leader on the pitch for the team that has the most titles in the history of the league.
After receiving his work visa on Wednesday, Hernández held his first official practice with the rest of the squad on Thursday and talked to the media after about the upcoming season and how he is assuming the role as leader for the LA Galaxy.
“Since I started playing with Chivas when I was 18-years-old and now that I am 31 and playing for LA Galaxy I have always been a leader in my own way. I try to help some players and they help me as well,” he said after practice.
LA Galaxy will play their first official pre-season game on Sunday when they host Toronto, and Guillermo Barros Schelotto confirmed that Chicharito will feature for a couple of minutes so that he can get used to the league and his teammates.
The season for Galaxy will officially start on 29 February when they visit Houston at the BBVA Compass Stadium.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Thierry Henry to stay in Major League Soccer... for now
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Manchester City: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Atalanta vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 stimulus check in California: who qualifies and how to track
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: $600 California 2021 payment, IRS tax deadline, when it's coming | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: Will you get a $1,400 payment, and when?