Jozy Altidore mocks Dallas for using Mexican stars as a marketing gimmick
Altidore made fun of FC Dallas for using the big name Mexican stars who play for LAFC, Kansas and Galaxy to advertise games at their stadium.
The 25th season of the Major League Soccer will boast some of the top Mexican players who are on the books at some of the league's 26 teams. Players like Javier Hernandez who has joined up with fellow country man Jonathan Dos Santos at Los Angeles Galaxy. Carlos Vela, the league's MVP, is in his third season with LAFC while Sporting Kansas City signed Alan Pulido for the upcoming season.
All four Mexican players promise to light up this year's competition - and the interest is so great that FC Dallas decided to use these players as a marketing tool for when they visit them at their stadium. The Texan outfit is offering a promotional package starting from $45 to attract fans to the ground when LAFC, Galaxy and Kansas visits them this season.
“Chicharito, Pulido and Vela will be making appearances here at the Toyota Stadium this season and you can be there to see all of them play. Get our Mexican Superstars Package and get your tickets to the three games for as low as $45!” tweeted the official FC Dallas account.
Jozy Altidore stunned
Lmao y’all not for real. Can’t be 🤦🏿♂️ 🤣— Jozy Altidore (@JozyAltidore) February 10, 2020
When the news broke, Jozy Altidore, who has played for Toronto since 2015, used his Twitter account to mock FC Dallas for their bizarre promotion, “LMAO Y’all not for real. Can’t be,” wrote the former US men's national team player.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: CARES, HEALS and HEROES Acts compared
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: when will the money arrive?
- Beirut explosion Beirut explosion: latest news live from Lebanon
- Beirut Explosion Seven-year-old ammonium nitrate shipment possibly caused Beirut explosion
- PREMIER LEAGUE Arsenal make 55 redundancies as huge player investment targeted
- FC Barcelona "Messi says he wants to finish career at Barcelona" - Bartomeu