Inter Miami and Qatar agree major sponsorship deal
David Beckham’s new Major League Soccer franchise and Qatar airways have finally reached a deal worth £180 million after weeks of negotiations.
Inter Miami is about to make their season debut in Major League Soccer when they visit LAFC at the Banc of California stadium on 1 March. One of the final things David Beckham’s new franchise wanted to close prior to playing their first game was the sponsorship on their jerseys.
After weeks of negotiations Inter Miami and Qatar finally reached an agreement worth £180M (€216M) according to British media outlet The Sun. The negotiations were held in secret and the club have not confirmed the amount.
Qatar and Inter Miami
The Sun also published that when this deal is official, worth approximately $234M, Qatar will be their main sponsor on their shirt for this season and they could have a saying in naming the new stadium that is currently being built.
Inter Miama: Ready for their debut
Inter Miami played yesterday their first preseason game yesterday with their new franchise player, Rodolfo Pizarro, who immediately made a statement by scoring his side's only goal of the game. The final result against Philadelphia Union was 2-1 defeat but the Mexican midfielder scored the first goal in the franchise's history.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- USA News US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies aged 87
- AMAZON PRIME VIDEO The Boys Season 2: how many episodes, dates of release and when is the last one?
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?