Cristiano Ronaldo inspired Man United move - Bruno Fernandes
Bruno Fernandes says Manchester United legend Cristiano Ronaldo played a role in his move from Portugal to England as he eyes silverware.
Bruno Fernandes says Cristiano Ronaldo inspired him to fulfil a "childhood dream" and play for Manchester United.
Fernandes has impressed since January move to United
Fernandes swapped Sporting CP for United for an initial fee of 55m euros prior to the deadline and the Portugal international has already established himself as a key member of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side.
United midfielder Fernandes has earned rave reviews for his performances against Wolves and Chelsea, while he impressed off the bench against Club Brugge in the Europa League on Thursday.
"I'm a Cristiano Ronaldo fan and he's a player I've always followed"
Fernandes said former Sporting teenager and United legend Ronaldo – who won three Premier League titles and the Champions League among other honours during his time in Manchester – played a role in moving from Portugal to England as he eyes silverware at Old Trafford.
"I'm a Cristiano Ronaldo fan and he's a player I've always followed," Fernandes said via Sky Sports ahead of Sunday's clash against Watford.
"When Cristiano burst on to the scene here in Manchester, he spent a good chunk of his early career here and enjoyed so much success.
"That's why it was a dream of mine to play for Manchester United and I'm very pleased to be here because it's a childhood dream come true.
"I think any player who joins Manchester United wants to win everything; I want to win every competition that Manchester United compete in.
"I'm an ambitious player who wants success and I want to win every game in every competition we're in."
Fernandes added: "I didn't speak to [Ronaldo] before coming but did after my arrival. I know some people asked Cristiano what he thought of me and what I was like as a player and a person. I know he spoke highly of me and gave me a good reference, so I sent him a message after to thank him for his kind words.
"Pressure always has to be present in our day-to-day and we have to be under pressure to improve every day. I'm a person who demands a lot from myself and always want more and to do better.
"That's why, regardless of the transfer fee, I wanted to keep improving and be a better player."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, stimulus calculator | Live
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: what is the Californian strain; is it more dangerous and contagious?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how you might save $3,100 in taxes with the new payment?
- US News Why has Biden rescinded the Trump’s apprenticeship program?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: can the payment be approved in the House vote on Friday?
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play February: times, stream and how to watch for new PS4 & PS5 games