Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi tipped to both end up at Inter Miami
The English manager said that David Beckham could be the key to bringing both superstars to Inter Miami before they decide to retire from European soccer.
It is no secret that Major League Soccer has become a very interesting league for many players all over the world who at some point want to experience it. Two of the biggest names in soccer right now are Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. Both players are over 30 years old and many teams want to sign them before they decide to retire.
According to Adrian Heath, currently manager of Minnesota United, these two superstars can only end up playing in the MLS if David Beckham convinces them. "I keep hearing there will be a blockbuster signing at some stage - and Ronaldo and Messi are the names I hear most,” Heath said in an interview with the Daily Mirror. "That would be incredible for football in the USA and if anyone has the global profile to make that dream a reality then it has to be David Beckham."
Cristiano Ronaldo is currently 35 years old and due to his age he could be the first one to end his career with Inter Miami after his contract expires with Juventus. "It may not happen just yet," said Heath, "but I can see Ronaldo following in the footsteps of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard playing in the MLS."
Los Angeles could be another possibility
Heath believes that if Beckham fails to sign either player with Inter Miami, another possible destination for these superstars could be Los Angeles, California. "For Ronaldo and Messi, the two obvious destinations if they came to the MLS would be Los Angeles and Miami," he said, "[but] with his links to both players and the plan Beckham and his backers have in place, I can really only see them going to Miami."
Te recomendamos en English
- BORUSSIA M. 2 - REAL MADRID 2 Real Madrid: Benzema hits out at Vinícius, according to Téléfoot
- Barcelona aiming to end Juventus hoodoo, Mbappe eyes more away-day joy – Champions League in Opta numbers
- European Super League European Super League: a "hostile takeover" of Champions League
- FOOTBALL Manchester United to move for Leipzig's Upamecano - rumour has it
- MLB Dodgers beat Rays to end 32-year World Series drought
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?