Who is Chicharito? Alexander Zverev stumped in Mexico
The German tennis player arrived in Acapulco to play the Mexican Tennis Open 2020 and upon his arrival he was clueless when reporters asked him about the Mexican footballer.
The Acapulco ATP 2020 has officially started and the biggest names in tennis are participating this year: Rafael Nadal, Stan Wawrinka, John Isner, Grigor Dimitrov and Alexander Zverev are all in Mexico ahead of the start of the tournament.
One of the highlights of the arrival of the players happened when Alexander Zverev was spotted wearing Mexico’s national team jersey, however when he was asked who his favorite player from Mexico was he was unable to come up with a name, leading several reporters to shout "Chicharito!" at him, to which he answered:
“Everyone is yelling 'Chicharito' but I don’t know what that is. Is he from Acapulco or somewhere close? I ask because we have a lot of great players in Germany even though Mexico beat us in the last World Cup.”
Zverev waiting to debut in Acapulco
The German tennis player will make his debut in Acapulco’s ATP in a doubles match alongside his brother Mischa against Nicholas Monroe and Jackson Withrow from the United States. After that match he will play in the singles tournament when he will face Jordan Thompson from Australia.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby