Carlos Vela on target as LAFC spoil Inter Miami's debut
The 25th season of MLS started for Los Angeles Football Club by hosting the new franchise Inter Miami. The only goal of the game was scored by current MVP Carlos Vela.
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) got their 2020 MLS regular season campaign off to a winning start with a 1-0 victory over expansion side Inter Miami CF on Sunday afternoon at Banc of California Stadium.
LAFC captain Carlos Vela picked up where he left off last season, scoring his first of the season. The reigning MLS MVP and Golden Boot winner skipped past two Miami defenders, then chipped goalkeeper Luis Robles to open the scoring.
During the second half LAFC dominated and even managed to find the back of the net again only for it to be ruled out for offside. Inter Miami insisted and had a couple of good moves but couldn’t find a way back into the game
Four players made their MLS debuts for the Black & Gold on Sunday tonight. Goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer registered his first clean sheet of the new campaign, midfielder Francisco Ginella played the first 76 minutes of the game, while midfielders José Cifuentes and Bryce Duke came off the bench in the second half.
What is next for both teams?
On Thursday night, LAFC advanced to the quarter finals of the 2020 Concacaf Champions League after defeating Liga MX side Club León 3-0 (3-2 aggregate) at Banc of California Stadium. The Black & Gold will now take on Mexican side Cruz Azul in the next round on March 12 at Banc of California Stadium and on March 18 at Estadio Azteca. While Inter Miami will travel the capital to face D.C. United for the second week of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Inter Miami will allow fans to attend match against Orlando City
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Latest News USA When does daylight saving time end in the USA and when do the clocks go back?
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why is McConnell advising against the deal?
- Football Raja Casablanca petition CAF to postpone Zamalek match