Real Madrid tie down left-back starlet Miguel Gutiérrez
Real Madrid have handed an extended contract to Miguel Gutiérrez, a player seen as one of the club's most exciting prospects.
Real Madrid have renewed the contract of teenage left-back Miguel Gutiérrez, who is considered as one of the most promising prospects in the club's youth set-up.
Gutiérrez played for Real Madrid first team in pre-season friendly against Fenerbahce
A player much admired by Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane, the 18-year-old has already featured for Los Blancos' first team, in August's Audi Cup friendly against Fenerbahce.
Currently a part of the Under-19s squad, Gutiérrez is due to move up to the 'B' team, Castilla, next term - but has also been attracting interest from other major clubs.
Contract extended until 2024, buy-out clause raised
In a bid to ward off any potential suitors, Madrid have extended the defender's deal until 2024, handed him a pay rise and, most significantly, increased his buy-out clause.
Gutiérrez has on several occasions this season been called up to senior training by Zidane, who has given the youngster's new contract his personal approval.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Neymar surprises Richarlison with Everton award
- REAL MADRID The price Real Madrid must pay to sign Kylian Mbappé
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Harry Wilson close to £20million Anfield exit
- US NEWS Breonna Taylor shooting case verdict and decision, reactions and live updates
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what proposals have been put forward?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool new boys could be handed debut in tomorrow’s EFL Cup