Real Madrid tie down left-back starlet Miguel Gutiérrez
Real Madrid have handed an extended contract to Miguel Gutiérrez, a player seen as one of the club's most exciting prospects.
Real Madrid have renewed the contract of teenage left-back Miguel Gutiérrez, who is considered as one of the most promising prospects in the club's youth set-up.
Gutiérrez played for Real Madrid first team in pre-season friendly against Fenerbahce
A player much admired by Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane, the 18-year-old has already featured for Los Blancos' first team, in August's Audi Cup friendly against Fenerbahce.
Currently a part of the Under-19s squad, Gutiérrez is due to move up to the 'B' team, Castilla, next term - but has also been attracting interest from other major clubs.
Contract extended until 2024, buy-out clause raised
In a bid to ward off any potential suitors, Madrid have extended the defender's deal until 2024, handed him a pay rise and, most significantly, increased his buy-out clause.
Gutiérrez has on several occasions this season been called up to senior training by Zidane, who has given the youngster's new contract his personal approval.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits with $600 boost: how many have applied?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd death in Minneapolis, live updates: police, riots and protests across US
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: would second Economic Impact Payment be the last?
- GEORGE FLOYD George Floyd and Derek Chauvin worked in the same nightclub
- Caso George Floyd George Floyd protests and riots across America: Nashville, Portland...
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: will there be a second round of payments in June?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today