Atalanta's Illicic donates UCL match-ball to Bergamo hospital
The Atalanta striker Josip Ilicic has donated the ball with which he scored four goals in the Champions League last week to a hospital in Bergamo.
Atalanta's Slovenian veteran striker Josip Ilicic has donated the match-ball from last week's Champions League win over Valencia at Mestalla to a hospital in Bergamo, with the Italian city in the Lombardy region at the epicentre off the Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
With hospitals appealing for funds to acquire equipment to combat the spread of the virus, Illicic donated the ball to the Papa Giovanni XXIII Hospital in the city.
View this post on Instagram
Italian football has been suspended through to the beginning of April at present with the country suffering through a high level of positive cases and the highest number of fatalities from coronavirus outside of China.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands