Atalanta's Illicic donates UCL match-ball to Bergamo hospital
The Atalanta striker Josip Ilicic has donated the ball with which he scored four goals in the Champions League last week to a hospital in Bergamo.
Atalanta's Slovenian veteran striker Josip Ilicic has donated the match-ball from last week's Champions League win over Valencia at Mestalla to a hospital in Bergamo, with the Italian city in the Lombardy region at the epicentre off the Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
With hospitals appealing for funds to acquire equipment to combat the spread of the virus, Illicic donated the ball to the Papa Giovanni XXIII Hospital in the city.
View this post on Instagram
Italian football has been suspended through to the beginning of April at present with the country suffering through a high level of positive cases and the highest number of fatalities from coronavirus outside of China.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops