Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March
Updates on the total number of registered Covid-19 cases, deaths and discharged patients, both in the United States and throughout the world.
Confirmed US coronavirus cases
As of 23:00 CEST on Sunday, 29 March (18:00 EDT, 15:00 PDT), there were a total of 139,099 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the US, with 2,438 deaths. 4,435 people in the country have officially recovered after contracting Covid-19.
Worldwide real-time coronavirus map
Click here if the map doesn't automatically appear. (Map created and hosted by Johns Hopkins University Whiting School of Engineering, our thanks to them.)
US coronavirus news
After American president Donald Trump on Saturday opted against quarantining New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, the US' Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has urged residents of the tri-state area - the nation's worst-hit region - against all but essential travel.
On Sunday the mayor of New York, Bill de Blasio, said that by 5 April the city will run out of critical medical supplies, including ventilators.
Domestic Travel Advisory: Due to extensive community transmission of #COVID19 in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut, CDC urges residents to refrain from non-essential domestic travel for 14 days effective immediately. Read more: https://t.co/RAaIpQn6cj pic.twitter.com/a0eIYGzOa1— CDC (@CDCgov) March 29, 2020
Worldwide coronavirus cases
The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases worldwide at the above time stood at 717,847. In all, 33,876 people have died from Covid-19, while 150,893 have recovered from the disease.
Live coverage of the coronavirus pandemic
You can follow the latest developments in the coronavirus crisis with our daily live blog.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid open to offers for Raphaël Varane
- Inter Milan Lautaro: "Barcelona is in the past, I’m staying at Inter"
- GOLF Tiger Woods "in good spirits" in hospital after follow-up procedures
- NBA LeBron James hits back at 'hypocrite' Ibrahimovic: "I'll never shut up about things that are wrong"
- NBA LeBron helps Lakers snap losing streak, Butler stars for Heat
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, $1.9 trillion bill passed | Live