Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map, 30 March
Updates on the total number of registered Covid-19 cases, deaths and discharged patients, both in the United States and throughout the world.
Confirmed US coronavirus cases
As of 04:30 CEST on Tuesday 31 March (22:30 EDT, 19:30 PDT on Monday 30 March), there were a total of 163,807 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the US, with 3,040 deaths. 5,846 people in the country have officially recovered after contracting Covid-19.
Worldwide real-time coronavirus map
Click here if the map doesn't automatically appear. (Map created and hosted by Johns Hopkins University Whiting School of Engineering, our thanks to them.)
US coronavirus news
The United States now has twice as many coronavirus cases as China, the country where the pandemic began, while America's total death count passed the 3,000 mark on Monday.
However, US president Donald Trump told his daily press briefing that a nationwide stay-at-home order in the States was "pretty unlikely", saying this was being left up to the governors of each of the country's 50 states.
Trump also said that America is "going to be in very good shape" when it comes to having ventilators and other equipment needed to treat coronavirus patients.
Indeed, he added that the US would be in a position to send "100 million dollars’ worth" of supplies to Italy, where nearly 12,000 people have been killed by Covid-19.
Worldwide coronavirus cases
The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases worldwide at the above time stood at 784,716. In all, 37,686 people have died from Covid-19, while 165,370 have recovered from the disease.
Live coverage of the coronavirus pandemic
You can follow the latest developments in the coronavirus crisis with our daily live blog.
Recommended in English
- Champions League 2021/2022 Champions League Round of 16: all qualified teams
- Champions League When is the 2021/2022 Champions League Round of 16 draw taking place?
- NBA | WARRIORS Steph Curry eyeing Ray Allen's three-point record against Portland
- NBA | LAKERS LeBron James defends Lakers coach Frank Vogel
- SOCCER Barcelona €15 million away from Man City forward Ferran Torres
- NFL Will Ryan Fitzpatrick play again for the Washington Football Team?