Sagna: "I see Pogba closer to Juventus than Real Madrid because of Cristiano"
Bacaey Sagna was Pogba's team mate with France between 2013 and 2016; he told Goal.com: "Juventus have Cristiano and a young team. The Madrid squad is ageing".
Bacary Sagna, who was a team mate of Paul Pogba's in France's national team from 2013 until 2016, chatted to Goal.com about where he sees the Manchester United midfielder in the not too distant future. Pogba has long been on Zidane's wish list at Real Madrid (less so since Fede Valverde's emergence) and has also been linked with a move back to his old club Juventus, where he played from 2012 to 2016; but Sagna sees him closer to Italy than Spain. Pogba, who is 27, is under contract with United until 2021 and the club are keen for him to renew.
Pogba's future: “If he ends up leaving the Premier League then I see him more likely to go to Italy than Spain. I can see Paul returning to Juventus - more than joining Madrid - for one, Cristiano Ronaldo is there. Also, Juventus is the club who got the best out of him; he really shone there, he loves the club and knows it inside out”.
Ageing Madrid: “It would be difficult to see him signing for Real Madrid now because they are not the team they once were and their squad is getting old".
Juve's strong point: “Juventus have bought players like Ramsey and Cristiano, who still plays like a kid, they've got a relatively young team. If you think about the next two to three years, I think Juve are looking a much stronger proposition than Real Madrid".
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan