Napoli bosses praise Hirving Lozano despite lack of game time
Since Gennaro Gattuso was named as Napoli’s head coach, the Mexican winger has barely played - but the bosses at the club are happy with his signing.
Hirving Lozano has been having a hard time in Napoli since his arrival this summer. He started the season well, scoring a goal against Juventus in his first game, but back then Carlo Ancelotti was the manager and due to the lack of results he was sacked and the bosses brought Gennaro Gattuso on board.
Since Gattuso arrived, the Mexican winger has barely played and on Friday, Napoli’s sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli came out to talk about Lozano’s situation at the club. “When he arrived the team was not doing well," Giuntoli said. "When Ancelotti was the manager he played some good games but the rest of them he didn’t perform as well as thought he could.
“So he is having an OK season and I believe once he gets used to the league in the future he will show why he became the most expensive signing in Napoli's history this summer,” said Giuntoli in an interview with Sky Sports.
The former Pachuca and PSV player has played a total of 23 games, scoring three goals and supplying three assists before Serie A was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic. Napoli paid PSV 38 million euros to sign the Mexican winger and he has yet to show his full potential in Italy.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Men's 100m, track & field, medal count, results, today 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?